Seminars/WorkshopsNETHUR PhD members are also expected to improve the quality of their research by participating in specialised thematic seminars, workshops, courses, (international) conferences, et cetera. Fitting to their individual needs and their specific disciplines, PhD students compose a package of educational modules organised by NETHUR institutes or other research schools, institutes, faculties and scientific organisations in the Netherlands or abroad.
Suggestions regarding seminars, workshops, courses and conferences elsewhere, or organisations providing educational activities that may be interesting for fellow NETHUR members, can be passed on to the NETHUR office. These will be announced in the Calendar of Events or listed under Education Links.
Occasionally, a seminar or workshop is organised by the NETHUR Office on request of PhD members or because a guest lecturer from abroad is visiting the Netherlands.
PhD members are expected to be willing to co-organize and chair seminars, workshops, roundtable discussions and so on.
A returning event organised by NETHUR is the annual ‘Stadsdag’, where academic researchers meet policy makers, consultants and other professionals in the field. NETHUR also organises the DGW/NETHUR meetings, where housing research completed within the partnership framework is presented and discussed.
Examples of seminars and workshops from previous years
- Discourse and Discourse Analysis in NETHUR Research: Theories and Methods
- New approaches to strategic spatial planning
- Conjoint modelling
- Policy analysis for the built environment
- Planning and management for housing and the built environment
- Publishing scientific texts
- Writing an academic article
- Working with secondary empirical data
- Methodology in geographical sciences
- Triangulation and realism in social science
- (Cross-national) Comparative research
- Rural research