Core Course 4: Presenting Research Findings
Go to the current courses page to see when the next "Core Course 4: Presenting Research Findings" will be held.
CC4 deals with the main question of what is needed to make a presentation of your work successful and gratifying.
Knowing ‘what to say’ is a good start, but there is more. This course works with theatre methods to enhance your communication skills, especially the non-verbal communication and the use of your voice. A presenter who is at ease, will be more able to respond to the needs of an audience. During the training you will work on your personal objectives, for example to:
- speak freely and with pleasure;
- develop your own style of presenting;
- engage your audience and interact effectively;
- deal with difficult situations and to improvise;
- use a build-up that ties in with both the objective and the audience;
- bring in to play supporting visual aids
How to present your research findings with a poster will also be part of this course.
Former research masters of Utrecht University who attended the one-and-a-half day presentation course will find new topics and will get different assignments, inviting them to develop interactive presentations.
This three-day course takes place in Utrecht once a year or more if enough students register.
The course is scheduled for March/ April 2017. Registration is now possible!
* You need to attend the complete course.
* Cancellation of this course is possible until four weeks before the start of the course.